2013 Global Leadership Summit Session 8: Andy Stanley
Founder and Senior Pastor, North Point Ministries
Session 8: Closing Session
- Consistently named as one of the most influential pastors in America, he senses a unique call to equip and envision next generation leaders
- One of the largest churches in America, North Point has more than 33,000 people attending worship services at five Atlanta-area campuses each Sunday
- Under his leadership, North Point has grown to become a global network of more than 30 churches
- Andy’s books include recently released Deep & Wide: Creating Churches Unchurched People Love to Attend
- And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. Matthew 16:18
- Jesus said I will build my “assembly” not a location or a building.
- We are the fulfillment of this prophecy.
- How did this thing get started?
- Peter preached: you killed him, God brought him back, now say you’re sorry.
- This is not about what we believe; it’s about what we saw with our very own eyes.
- Acts 2
- That should have been the end of the church, but it wasn’t.
- The central teaching of the early church was not we believe something is true but we believe something happened.
- Andy’s imaginative story about The Father talking with Jesus about recruiting Paul to join the movement.
- God interrupts plans, careers, and families to build His church.
- All the preachers are gonna get to heaven and Paul is going to walk into the room and say, “Really?” [You think that’s what I meant?]
- James the brother of Jesus may be our strongest evidence of the deity of Jesus. What would your brother have to do to convince you he was the Christ?
- If a guy pulls off his death and resurrection, I’m with him no matter if I understand anything else he says or not.
- There is a cross hanging over the Emperor’s Gate in the Roman Colosseum.
- People name their sons Paul and Peter; they name their dogs Nero and Cesar.
- You can never do anything more significant than contributing to the building of the church.
- Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. -1 Corinthians 15:58