Four-time Emmy Award Winner; Executive Producer,
Survivor, The Voice and The Bible
Session 4: Unscripted Leadership
- Named one of The World’s Most Influential People, Time Magazine
- Producer of a renewed series on each of the four major U.S. television networks, with over 1,200 hours of programming that regularly airs in 70+ countries worldwide
- Together with wife Roma Downey, he produced a 10-hour docudrama series on The Bible releasing globally Spring 2013
- Inducted into the Broadcasting and Cable Hall of Fame, he is listed as TV Guide’s Most Valuable Player and has a star on Hollywood’s Walk of Fame
- No door is closed in America. But you have to take action.
- When I hear “no” all I hear is N.O. – next opportunity.
- When God calls you, you actually have to get your ass off the couch and do something.
- Stop playing defensively and start playing offensively. Stop apologizing to the media about doing the Bible.
- Bill: Why was The Bible series so successful? Mark: The Holy Spirit
- The Bible Series opens up an opportunity for people to start conversations about the bible.
- Choose your your companions before you choose your road.
- I’m not going to keep “energy suckers” on our teams.
- Every show has an executive producer (creative) and co-producer (finance). Then need to be able to work together.
- If you want to lead big teams, don’t try to do it all yourself. What’s the point of hiring great people and then doing their job for them? It’s also insulting.
- Creative people have to work within budgetary constraints.
- The bible is the greatest love story in the history of the world.
- Just because you’re creating a Christian moving doesn’t mean it can be crappy.
- Played “Mary did you know” scenes from The Bible series
- Bill Hybels: If you work in the business world, find a way to honor God with what you do well.