Founder and CEO, Restore International; Attorney
Session 4: Love Takes Action
- Founding partner in the law firm of Goff & DeWalt
- Honorary Consul for the Republic of Uganda to the United States
- An entrepreneurial leader who established Restore International and the Restore Academy, giving voice to oppressed children and the poorest of the poor
- Laboring with the Ugandan judiciary to bring over 200 child cases to trial, he has also been a driving force behind legal intervention for more than 50 child prostitution cases in India
- If we lead strong, we’e going to lead people to Jesus, because people are going to want to be like us.
- I realized I was stalking Jesus, and I was creeping both of us out.
- Let us not love with words or speech but with action and in truth. -1 John 3:18
- I didn’t want a son-in-law, I wanted a friend, so we did stuff together.
- What is it that Jesus made you to do?
- Live a life worthy of the calling you’ve received.
- Don’t live someone else’s calling; it will come off like a bad Elvis impression.
- Finding your calling is like a Polaroid photo – let it develop over time.
- Funny story about he & his sun landing a sea plane on a small lake – Land the plane
- I’m a poser. Some of you are posing too. Don’t be afraid. Live a life worthy of the calling YOU have received.
- If you want to be a great leader, see people for who they are becoming.
- Interrobang – question mark with an exclamation mark.
- I don’t know what heave is going to be like, but don’t you hope Jesus touches you on the nose and says “You rascal!”
- If you want to be leaders in your community, say “Yes.”
- But you can’t say yes to everything. Every Thursday I quit something.
- God wants to blow your mind!
- Isn’t it great that God’s ability to forgive us is bigger than our ability to get it?
- Romans 8 – nothing can separate us from the love of God